Sep 26, 2009

Day 7/40

image It is cold here!!!  OK not that cold…but I did have to put socks on this morning and I had to put the furnace on.  Thankfully, Liam seems to be over the flu. He did not cough once last night or all day today and no fever since about midnight last night.

 

I went out this morning and did all my errands and when I got home I was so tired, I lay down and napped for two hours.  I was actually soundly sleeping, not just dozing. When I woke up I had that feeling that I had been asleep forever and had no idea what time it was.

I felt alot better when I woke up though, so that’s a good thing. 

Iain had put a roast in the oven and Den had started the vegetables so all I had to do was make the gravy. We ate awhile ago and it was delicious.  If the three of them clean up, like they said they would, it will have been a perfect meal!!

image When I first woke up I was hungry. I had let my blood sugar get too low. I hadn’t eaten while I was out and then I had slept so when I woke up I was hungry like a bear!  I didn’t feel like making a meal because I knew the roast would be ready in an hour or so and I didn’t want to ruin my appetite. So I had a Fibre One Bar.  Then 15 minutes later, I had a jello pudding.  Then…15 minutes later I had a WW peanut butter bite.  Then…when I was yet again standing with the fridge door open, I made myself close it and go into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and said, out loud, “Make yourself some real food.”  I took a deep breath and splashed some cold water on my face and then went and grilled some yellow zucchini. I had it with a low fat, baked pretzel.  I sat and ate it at the dining room table and it was delicious and not the least bit “filling”.  It’s amazing how much clearer my mind was after I ate that.  If I hadn’t stopped myself I would have eaten through the whole fridge because “I didn’t feel like making something”.  And the funny thing is, the zucchini was already cut up, all I had to do was throw it in a grill pan with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and it took less than 5 minutes. It took longer to eat!  I don’t know why I do that.

Oh I was so excited when I was in Costco. I saw the new edition of Clean Eating magazine so I picked it up. I’ve only flipped it through it as yet. I’m saving it for my Sunday morning tea at breakfast.  I’m so excited. I wish they published every month instead of every other month.

So here’s today’s update on the 40 Day Challenge:

5 Keys Where am I?
Track everything 6/7
30 Day Shred 2/7
Limit High Glycemic Foods 4/7
Blog Every Day 7/7
Water, Water, Water 6/7

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. I've also been a bit under the weather and had a luxurious 2 hour nap. Pure Bliss!

    I love Clean Eating Magazine. Can't wait to get the new one. I'm thinking I should probably get a subscription to save myself a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so great, Enz! You should bookmark these last couple of posts for future motivation... you really are making good, healthy decisions!

    ReplyDelete