Sep 19, 2009

Saturday - Day 1 of the Weekend

Today was a busy Saturday. I had some errands to do this morning and then since it was just Iain and I (Den and Liam are away until tomorrow night), we went out for breakfast. I ordered my usual, fried eggs, bacon, homefries and toast...and I really didn't enjoy it as much as I usually do. It's been ages since we had breakfast out and I thought it would be a nice treat for Iain and I...he enjoyed his breakfast and the time out with just me. I enjoyed his company. It was nice to talk to him and catch up with him, but my breakfast just seemed..meh.

Then we went over to my sister's apt and went with her and her husband to see the model of their new house that is being built. It is gorgeous! I am so thrilled for her. Then they wanted to take us out to lunch and we went to Montana's. I ordered a burger and sweet potato fries. Again, I was not impressed with the meal.

There was a time when we ate out 3-4 times a week and I really enjoyed it. Now we might eat out twice a month, if that, so I guess my palate has changed and I appreciate, fresh, homecooked meals much more. The restaurant meals seemed heavy, over salted and just not appealing at all. As well, there seemed to be so much food on my plate, I didn't finish either meal.

Tomorrow morning I am off on a hike with Tina and I am so looking forward to it. It is also the first day of Tiffany's 30 Day Shred Challenge that I've joined, so I am not sure if I will do that before or after my hike...but I will do it tomorrow so I can support her and I can get motivation from her and the rest of the challengers.

I'm off to bed now, I am sitting here barely able to keep my eyes open. I hope you've all had a wonderful Saturday. I will catch up with you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I used to LOVE going out to eat with my husband/family. It was always a treat to let someone else do the cooking and wait on me. But now, Im so particular about what I eat. If I know the restaurant may not have anything I can choose from, we dont go. Why waste our time/money, ya know? Keep up the good work, stay true to what you feel. YOU know whether or not what you put in your mouth (before doing so) is something that will make you feel good about yourself "after". Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete