Sep 30, 2009

Day 11/40

image Today was a great day.  Before you think I am some crazy woman with major mood swings – let me just say yesterday was busy and stressful at work, then I came home and Liam was still so sick, and the house was a mess…etc. etc. I just could not deal with one more thing last night!!!!

I got a good night’s sleep and today was a great day.  I ate all the food I took to work, did not go off and eat 3 donuts (like I did yesterday because I was so busy I just ate whatever was in front of me and did not stop to really “eat”) and drink 5 cups of coffee.  I still didn’t get out for a walk at lunch time but I did take a break and eat and read blogs.

I didn’t shred last night but I did tonight!

I still didn’t get a scale and I wanted to post my stats for the month. I know I didn’t lose alot of weight in September – it was a very up and down month for me again. I’ll see if I can find one on my lunch hour tomorrow and post the stats in the next day or so. I like the idea of looking month to month – shows much more progress than weekly.

I really don’t have anything interesting or inspiring to say today, I just want to keep the habit of blogging :)

40 Day Challenge Scorecard

5 Keys Where am I?
Track everything 10/11
30 Day Shred 5/11
Limit High Glycemic Foods 7/11
Blog Every Day 11/11
Water, Water, Water 10/11

 

Timagehe Biggest Loser

It was pure entertainment last night. I don’t think I was inspired at all. Some quick notes:

  1. I know some people are down on Tracey for playing the game – but really the show *is* a game. It’s about staying in the game as long as possible and winning, and everyone’s definition of “winning” is their own.
  2. Shay has major issues. I highly doubt that Bob and Jillian are qualified to help her with her emotional and psychological issues. She may physically lose weight while at the ranch because her food and exercise are so regimented but if she doesn’t heal herself, she will gain the weight back. I don’t know if it is benefitting her to be there, lose the weight and then go back to “reality” with no support system in place. She said several times that she has no support system and can’t do this alone. Is this the right way for her to be losing weight?  My gut tells me no.
  3. I love Mo. I know the show is heavily edited, but he seems like a decent man and he seems to want to work hard and he is being pulled down by Tracey. Since I’ve not seen the show before, I don’t know how that will play out for him.
  4. I still like Amanda :)
  5. I don’t know how I feel about Sean and Antoine basically throwing in the towel so Shay could stay. They have every right to be there as she does. It was good to see that they continued their journey off the ranch though.
  6. I still would like to see them focus more on what they eat and not just product placements, i.e. protein powder and Yoplait!

If you’ve read this far – thank you :) I will try to be more entertaining and motivating/inspiring in tomorrow’s post!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a better day. I hope Liam is feeling better.

    As for Biggest Loser. I know it's a game and all, but I just feel like Tracy shot herself in the foot. She thought she was playing the game but she played terribly. She's got a huge target on her back now. Plus, I think she might be crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your day was so much better than yesterday! Keep at it, girl; you're doin' great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better.

    BL - yup, product placements are so annoying and phony looking. I too wish they showed nutrition more. Also, wish they spoke about their other health issues more as I keep wondering how they can do all this exercise with the conditions that some of them may have.

    ReplyDelete